Information Collected by SchooNoodle
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our SchooNoodle users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use SchooNoodle services, such as adding or rating new links on the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including a login name and e-mail address).
- Feedback: If you contact us to provide feedback, register a complaint or ask a question, we will record any personal information and other content that you provide so that we can effectively respond to your communication.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. SchooNoodle and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, SchooNoodle cookie information, and the page you requested. SchooNoodle uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- SchooNoodle may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
SchooNoodle is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. SchooNoodle may send out e-mails with SchooNoodle-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from SchooNoodle, which inform you of actions (e.g. new teacher-rated content) that have been performed on the site.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. SchooNoodle cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because SchooNoodle enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use SchooNoodle is an integral part of the experience. Rest assured, we will neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and we will share your personal information only as described below.
- SchooNoodle Employees: SchooNoodle personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of SchooNoodle business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if SchooNoodle, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- API: SchooNoodle will allow third parties access to all SchooNoodle data that is already publicly available through the SchooNoodle website. Of course, SchooNoodle will keep private any passwords.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
- Your SchooNoodle account information is password protected for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
- You acknowledge that SchooNoodle is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on the SchooNoodle website, such as posting new links.
- You may request deletion of your SchooNoodle account by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- You will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- The "Help" section of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of SchooNoodle’s super cool features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the SchooNoodle website. As a result, SchooNoodle does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that SchooNoodle has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using SchooNoodle or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use